Orthodontic treatment can make a huge difference for both the health and appearance of your smile. However, some people, particularly adults, are hesitant about receiving orthodontic treatment because of the amount of time that treatment takes. If you are concerned about the time required for orthodontics, Dr. Ronald Champion may recommend speed straightening with Propel® technology.
Accelerated Orthodontics Technology
Propel has a mouthpiece that is custom fitted to your teeth. The devices are placed in the mouth and held between the teeth during use.
Propel is a simple, easy and fast device that is used throughout orthodontic treatment. The device is even used during the retention stage. Propel can be used with both braces and clear aligners. Propel is used for just five minutes a day. This device uses high-frequency vibration to accelerate orthodontic treatment drastically. You can reach the same great orthodontic results in a much shorter period of time.
Advantages of Accelerated Orthodontics
There are many advantages that come from utilizing accelerated orthodontics with Propel, including:
– Propel technology is used to seat the orthodontic aligners properly on the teeth. When proper aligner seating is achieved, orthodontic treatment can be more effective.
– The high-frequency vibration can also cause patients to feel less discomfort when they change aligner sets or come in for braces adjustment.
– Patients who use Propel may make far fewer orthodontic appointments, which saves both time and money.
– Propel technology also accelerates the goals of retention after orthodontic treatment. When Propel is used as directed, the bone density is increased more quickly, the fibers of the teeth are relaxed more quickly, and the chances of relapse are reduced.
– Propel aids in the growth of the jawbone, thus restoring the integrity of tooth sockets that may have been lost because of poor oral health.
Eligibility for Propel
When you visit Dr. Ronald L. Champion, DDS, ask our orthodontist if Propel is right for you. An evaluation will be performed to see if you are a good candidate. Photographs, X-rays and impressions may be taken of your teeth to help determine your eligibility. If you are a candidate, Dr. Ronald Champion will be able to help you decide which device is best for your smile.
Feel free to contact our office at 209.575.5888 today to learn more about accelerated orthodontics in Modesto, California, and how it can help your smile. Set up an appointment with us today!