Do you know the proper techniques to clean your braces? When abiding by your brushing and flossing routine while wearing braces, exercise caution and brush slowly and safety to avoid accidentally damaging them. Because flossing can be problematic with braces, it may be necessary to add an additional level of treatment such as mouthwash. In addition, use these terrific tips to keep your braces clean and strong:
– Always take the time to clean and maintain your retainer and keep it clear from bacteria and contamination.
– Even with braces, you still need to brush your teeth twice a day and floss once daily.
– Avoid foods and snacks that can get easily caught in between your braces and teeth, including chewy candies, hard or tough foods and snacks, and various types of nuts.
– Never miss any appointments that you have with your orthodontist.
– If any wires break or snap off your braces, cover the broken end with a piece of wax and call your orthodontist when you can.
– Always use safety equipment when playing contact sports or doing high-risk activities, including mouth guards, face masks, helmets, and any other safety gear that is necessary to protect your mouth.
If you would like to schedule an appointment with Dr. Ronald L. Champion, DDS to see if you are a candidate for braces, please call our orthodontic office in Modesto, California at 209.575.5888. Dr. Ronald Champion and the rest of our team look forward to aligning your smile for smile confidence!